User profile and paths gets corrupted often.
Hello all, Recently i've been facing some issues with my windows server 2008 r2, very often i dont know whether it is the profile that gets corrupted or because of any virus i couldn't access some of the components and commands. For example i couldn't go to Advanced system properties or type inetmgr to open iis or access cmd prompt by typing in cmd. During these time i usually restart the system and today i found logging off and logging in back resolves the issues, but i dont want to do this each time the problem occurs. During these times when i type path in the command prompt i couldnt see any paths, it displays nothing, but when i re login into the system and type path it displays a whole bunch of paths like this. PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.5\dll;C:\Program Files\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.5\client\dll;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\Sun\JDK118\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0\win32;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\Sun\jdk117\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\PowerDynamo\win32;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.0\dll;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Jaguar CTS 3.0\client\dll;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\Sun\JDK117\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 7\win32;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\Sun\jdk118\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\Web Targets;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\MerantODBC; I need assistance solving this issue and one more thing is most of the icons changes into a white invalid icon images and even clicking that doesnt works too.Thanks and Regards Mohamed
June 4th, 2012 8:07am

Hi, Based on the present situation, I'd like to suggest to install an antivirus program to test. Hope this helps! Best Regards Elytis Cheng Elytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 5th, 2012 10:51pm

Hi cheng, Thanks for your suggestion, i will try it and let you know. Can i use the microsoft security essentials for my server?Thanks and Regards Mohamed
June 6th, 2012 12:00am

Of course, you canElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
June 15th, 2012 4:57am

Hi, I've tried scanning the system with updated anti virus but still i am facing the same problem. Clicking command prompt doesnt work, when i type inetmgr or many other commands in the run to open anything doesnt work, typing path in the command prompt returns nothing.. so on.. Its a production server and i need to recover it quickly. Kindly help me to solve this issue.Thanks and Regards Mohamed
June 15th, 2012 11:49pm

I have a similar problem with a users profile which always gets corrupted. When I go into her profile and check it, the "Windows" folder under her profile shows as notepad. I have to log the user off and delete the users profile and then ask the user to log back in and it works fine. This happens at least once a weak but now it is more frequent. I see that it is with only one user. Any ideas, I cannot find out what is going on with this user. What the user is doing at her end. This is annoying for her and annoying for the techs to go and delete it all the time. Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Citrix XenApp 6
June 27th, 2012 1:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics