User can not delete/modify or edit file on file share
I have setup share. Permission on that share is Everyone Foolcontrol. I have setup NTFS permission on that folder. Everyone can list this folder und subfolder. Domain admins group has FC. I have created subfolder Level1, i give identical permission. I add one group called Group A, which have user A. Permission for that group is modify. A logon to client pc with user A. I open Excel 2010. Save file to Z drive. Z drive is map drive \\server\share. File is saved under Z:\Level1\file.xlsx. I logoff with user A. I logon to server where share exist. I right click on file, i do not see permission, i have to click because of UAC. I add Group to have FC to that file. I logon with user B, that belongs to group B. I map drive as I did for user A. I tried to rename file, i cannot, and it pops up only user A has that permission. If i brows to that file with the same user, i brows to see effective permission, i tape User B, and as that user i have FC, but i as user b cannot modify, or delete file. There is something stupid that I'm missing.
June 6th, 2011 6:10pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what NTFS permissions are assigned to User B or Group B? Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you temporarily disable User Account Control (UAC) and check if the behavior is correct for User B. For the detailed steps, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article: How do I change the behavior of User Account Control by using the slider? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759070.aspx If the issue persists, would you please run the following command and post the output in your reply: Cacls \\server\share\Level1\file.xlsx Note: According to the actual situation, please correct the URL. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 6th, 2011 11:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics