User attempts logon 20 or so times before logging on successful to workstation
I have a user that attempts a logon in the mornings. It takes him approximately 10-20 times before he gets authenticated. He can try to log on to other workstations and has the same problem. I have checked the logs on one of the computers and it shows errors 529 and 537. He is the only one in the entire organization however that is getting these errors (or having this much trouble logging on). His account never is locked out, so we know it isn't a password issue on his part. The workstations all have Windows XP Pro with SP3 and later. The server we use is Windows 2003 Standard with all of the service packs. I'm perplexed as it is just this one individual not anyone else that is having this problem logging on to the domain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BillBill
May 19th, 2011 8:41am

Hello, are the client machines created from a not sysprepped image? Do they use only the domain DNS servers on the NIC? Did you disable fast logon optimization?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2011 8:54am

The machines were originally made with Ghost image about 2 years ago. yes two question 2, they only use domain dns servers on the nic. Yes fast logon has been disabled. Thanks, BillBill
May 19th, 2011 8:56am

Hello, please answer the part about sysprep also?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 19th, 2011 9:54am

No sysprep used.Bill
May 19th, 2011 10:29am

Hi, If this copy of Windows XP is a Ghost image, you may encounter machine SID duplication issue. For the detailed information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet blog: The Machine SID Duplication Myth (and Why Sysprep Matters) http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2009/11/03/3291024.aspx What about create a new domain user account to replace the problematic one? Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com . Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 20th, 2011 2:59am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com .Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 23rd, 2011 1:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics