User Account problems
Hi, I have been experiencing a problem with SBS 2003 recently and I was wondering if anyone has seen any similar problems. I have two computers (one running XP pro and the other running XP Media Center) when a regular/power user logs on to these computers they cannot use Quickbooks 2007/2006 network editions but a user with admin rights can. When the regular/power user tries to start Quickbooks, the program begins to load and then closes without any errors in the event viewer. The admin accounts for the domain and locally can run Quickbooks without problems. This problem has only surfaced in the last few days and both computers were running fine previously. All the Vista machines are running with no problems and the other XP machine is able to use Quickbooks without issue. I have looked at the error logs on the server and the clients and there appears to be no related messages to this error. I also have tried to create a test account using the default power user settings provided by the server and Quickbooks still does not work. According to Quickbooks support, the default power user account is required to use these versions and the problem is with the domain. As far as I can tell all the computers are using the same Service Pack version 3 and have similar update histories. Other than this problem with Quickbooks, there are seem to be no other problems with these computers using the other domain services. If anyone has any ideas then any help would be appreciated because this problem is driving me crazy and my only other option at this point is to reload the machines.Thank You
December 16th, 2008 10:35pm

Hi, Luka According to your discription, it seems there are the problem with the rights of the application. Based on my konwledge, some application can't working properly if the user account who is in the Power Users group. You mentioned "This problem has only surfaced in the last few days and both computers were running fine previously. All the Vista machines are running with no problems and the other XP machine is able to use Quickbooks without issue." I wanna know whether you mean you can log on to that two computers(one running XP pro and the other running XP Media Center) with power user some days ago? And also you can log on to the computers (running with Vista) with power user all the times? Pravin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 17th, 2008 7:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics