Uptime.exe permissions requirements
We're having a problem with uptime.exe being run against Domain Controllers by our Help Desk staff. Our Help Desk staff can use uptime.exe on all Member Servers, just not Domain Controllers. They were able to use uptime.exe against domain controllers prior to replacing all of our W2K Domain Controllers with W2K3R2x64 DC's. I can get around the issue by adding their account(s) to the domain admins group, but that's obviously not feasible. This tells me there's a permission issue. I've already added them to the "access this computer from the network" and "manage auditing and security log" section in the default domain controllers policy, but it seems there are more permissions to configure. They're not local admin-equivalent on member servers, which range from Server 2000 to Server 2003R2, and can get uptime.exe results. The "access this computer from the network" and "manage auditing and security log" section is not configured for our member servers group policy. What permissions are required on the remote system for uptime.exe to function without having the user in the local server or domain administrators group? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
September 28th, 2010 5:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics