Upgrade server 2k8 R2 to 2k12 R2 dell perc 6i drivers (megasas.sys driver)

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade from windows server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2 (64Bit) on a DELL 720r. When the upgrade starts (Boot from media or run setup from the server 2012 R2 media) I get the prompt to provide the mass storage device drivers. I  need the files (on USB or DVD) that I can provide when setup prompts  for mass storage drivers. Details of the pertinent hardware / drivers is below (windows 2008 R2). I've installed the latest firmware for anything that I can find  for the Dell 710r and applied all dell and Microsoft (BIOS, Chipset, drivers for OS deployment, windowsupdate, etc.) software maintenance. I need the following drivers:

• megasys,sys (perc 6/I); msicsi.sys (MSFT iscsi initiator) and iscilogic.dll (vers. 6.0.6002.18005)
  • The server is a Dell 710R running WindowServer 2008R2 with latest SP. (all is well - working). The pertinent detail is:

"storage controller perc 6i scsi disk drive controller"

• Dell perc 6/I integrated Raid controller (megasas.sys)
  • Microsoft iScsi initiator (Msicsi.sys)
  • iscilog.dll
  • File version 6.0.6002.18005.

I've scoured the installation media for both the WindowsServer 2008R2 and  WindowsServer 2012 R2 looking for drivers. Please send me a link for the drivers or a KB telling me what to do. I can't find the drivers on any support sites (LSI, Dell, MSFT, etc) which work during upgrade. The mass storage device drivers. Please point me to where to get the drivers (megasas.sys, msiscsi.sys) that will work during the upgrade process (Mass storage drivers) or a url that will help. Dell is telling me the drivers are on the windows installation media, but when I search various locations with no luck.

Thank you in advance.................. Steve

April 23rd, 2015 9:29pm

Hi Steve

If the server model is a R720 (as I seen R710 in your post too), please go there to get the driver for your controller. (http://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/product-support/product/poweredge-r720/drivers)

Restart your server, and validate the controller #, as it will show a windows in the booting. 

It can be :

Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit driver for PERC S110 Controller

or

Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 64 Bit Driver for Dell PERC H310/H710/H710P/H810/SPERC8 Controllers

After you unzip those file on a USB stick, and after you can supply it to the

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 11:28pm

That did it. Thank you for the quick turnaround. The .exe at Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 64 Bit Driver for Dell PERC H310/H710/H710P/H810/SPERC8 Controllers worked for our config..... steve
  • Marked as answer by Stevete 12 hours 32 minutes ago
April 26th, 2015 2:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics