Updating Azure Svc Mgmnt for Extensions

Greetings!  We are getting the following error on one of our Web Roles:

DiagnosticsPlugin.exe Information: 0 : [3/18/2015 7:39:07 PM] Decrypting private configuration
DiagnosticsPlugin.exe Warning: 0 : [3/18/2015 7:39:07 PM] No certficate with given thumbprint found in the certificate store. Thumbprint:<thumbprint>

At which point the Diagnostics extension is unable to initialize.  I have verified that this certificate exists in Azure and is associated with this specific role.  I have checked in the certificate management console and we do not see the certificate being installed on the instance.  Upon reviewing AppAgentRuntime.log on the instance, we can see that our SSL certificate and Remote Desktop certificate are being deployed, but not the service management certificate.

I have compared these logs with the logs from a working instance in order to verify what I should be seeing.

At this point, I have determined that we have one of two options:

1. Re-upload the Azure Service Management for Extensions into our environment.
  2. Create a new Service Management certificate, upload it, and configure our role to use this certificate when decrypting the PrivateConfig for our instances.

We run into the following problems, however:

1. I cannot download the existing Service Management certificate as it was auto-generated by Azure.  I can pull down the public certificate, but not the full certificate in order to re-upload it.
  2. Having reviewed all of the PowerShell commands, Visual Studio options, and Management interface, I cannot see how to update the configuration for Azure such that a different certificate is used to encrypt the private config and is used to decrypt the same.

We have tried disabling and re-enabling diagnostics on our role -- both via Visual Studio and PowerShell.  We have also attempted restarting our instances after making diagnostics changes -- to no effect.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bobby D

March 20th, 2015 4:06pm

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let me engage this post with someone who is more familiar with the topic. We shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest. Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Prasant
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 21st, 2015 2:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics