Update problems clean install winserver2008R2 on vmware ESXi

Hi, 

I'm new to technet so sorry if  I maybe post this question in the wrong topic. 

I'm doing a project for school and I have a problem with my virtual winserver2008R2

i did a fresh install, wanted to update the server and the first time when I was searching for updates i allways get some kind of error message forgot the code. After searching forums reboot the server several times i just deleted the server and installed a new one...(looked at the log file but didnt make sense...)

first I had the same problems but after booting a couple of times the server finally found updates, but then he just can't download them he keeps saying dowloading.... at 0% after booting again, closing and researching for updates still no result.... 

Annyone who can help me out ? 

Grtz

(Excuse me for my bad English, I'm dutch...)

October 30th, 2014 10:51pm

Ideally, this should be in a VMware forum since ESXi is a VMware product, not a Microsoft product, or in the general Windows Server forums.  This forum is specific to the product Virtual Server 2005.

If you want help you need to provide details, and the actual error messages, etc.

Without specifics and details, we can't help you.

So you:

1. created a new VM

2. It starts the download process and begins downloading, but does not finish.

Errors in the event logs?  How long are you waiting before you reboot?  Speed of the internet, slow internet means slow updates. Is Windows activated or not?  Evaluation, retail, or OEM version of Windows Server 2008R2?  How is your network configured on ESXi?  Where are DNS, TCP/IP config coming from?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 3rd, 2014 9:49pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics