Update error 80200010 Vista 5744
I repeatedly get error 80200010 when retrieving a recommended update to Vista 5744. Clicking on Get Help doesn't help. Anyone know what the problem is? Colin
October 9th, 2006 7:59pm

I guess you are not aware of the fact that Vista RC 2 build 5744 will no more have onlinesupport from Microsoft..............thats bad news the online support is only available for Vista RC 1 build 5600............. i.e. you can Download Latest Updates, Get Online Help, Online Drivers Search,...........etc will work only for this build.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 12th, 2006 3:26pm

how kan it be that final gves the same Failure Code 80200010
February 18th, 2007 6:49pm

I'm geting the same error message on a Dell Vista system bought in April 2007. It seems to be linked to an IE7 fault which stops access to websites. I have Dell helpers working on it: if I get an answer I'll post it here.
May 31st, 2007 9:34pm

I too am getting this same error on some of the updates. Anyone have suggestions on this? How can I have the update system try to install it again?
June 15th, 2007 8:26pm

hi, try this out A. Disable Windows Update Service. 1. Click Perl button and type services.msc and select services. Click continue for UAC prompt. 2. In the Service Window, Select and right click Windows Update. Select Properties. 3. In the properties window, Drop down the Startup type menu and select Disable. Then click stop button as shown in the screenshots below. A. Rename SoftwareDistribution Folder. 1. Click Perl button and click Computer. 2. In Computer, double click to open C: 3. In C:, Double click to open Windows Folder. In Windows folder, Right click SoftwareDistribution folder and select Rename. Rename the folder as SoftwareDistribution.old. User will be prompted with a message similar to Destination Folder access Denied. Click continue to make the change Create a new folder in C:\Windows and name the folder as SoftwareDistribution. (Name of the folder is very important and this folder will be empty Create a new folder in C:\Windows and name the folder as SoftwareDistribution. (Name of the folder is very important and this folder will be empty.
January 25th, 2008 2:13am

Reader, I have a HP Compaq Presario with Windows Vista Home Priemum SP1: "If you receive Windows Update error 80200010 while checking for updates, it usually means that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), cannot access the Internet. This service is used to connect to the Windows website and download updates to your computer. To correct the problem, make sure that your computer is connected to Internet and check for updates again. To easily see if you are connected to the Internet, point to the Network icon in the notification area and wait until you can see the status of your connection. You will see the name of your network or the service that you are connected to and the kind of connection you have. If you're on a company or home network, you should see the message Access: Local and Internet. Help and Support search term: WindowsUpdate_80200010" ~Kyle.
July 23rd, 2008 10:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics