Update an SSL Certificate on an ISA server
For certificate renewal queries, post here. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversecurity/threads/ Thanks
March 24th, 2012 12:45am

I'm sorry, but none of the above is accurate. To begin with, you do have to add your new certificate in the Certificates MMC on the ISA server. However, it is important to note that you have to import a full keypair file. In order to do this, you have to create a CSR request on any server. Once completed you have to apply the new certificate and its associated bundle to the generating server. Now that it has a full certificate, you have to export the certificate as a PCX file. Now you can import it on to the ISA server and use it for the web site being presented. Second, you do not have to even have the certificate on the web server. In this case, nobody knew how to open the key locker on the oracle server. Instead I did the above steps on IIS within a Windows XP virtual machine. Everything worked fine.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 6th, 2012 10:37am

We have a Windows Server running Oracle Web Server. It hosts an HTTPS page. That page is presented through an ISA server. Our SSL certificate is about to expire. Since I wasnt the one who originally set this up, I dont know the process. It looks to me like the certificate lives on the ISA server, and I dont need to do anything on the windows with oracle server. If that is the case, do I simply open up Certificates in an MMC and import the renewed certificate, then activate it within ISA?
April 6th, 2012 4:11pm

For certificate renewal queries, post here. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversecurity/threads/ Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 6th, 2012 5:49pm

Hi, Yes, about the SSL certificate on ISA server. You could open up certificates in MMC and replace the expired certificate with the new certificate. However, we also need to make sure that the certificate on Windows Server running Oracle Web Server should agree with the certificate on ISA server. In short, certificate on both servers should agree with each other. Regards, James James Xiong TechNet Community Support
April 7th, 2012 5:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics