Up Arrow in Windows Explorer
I'm looking for a way to go up a level in the folder structure in Windows Explorer on Server 2008. The problem is the nifty click the folder link has the following problems: 1. It's variable width and requires the user to think about where they are going - I just want to go up 2. I'm a developer and for long names I can't even find the next level. I have to click on it. Get the path. Edit the path, etc. Can I use a combination of keys to go up a level? Is this possible or has my favorite navigation been obsoleted as a useless feature?
February 18th, 2011 7:00pm

Hi, By default, you could either click the left arrow to the left of the address bar in Windows Explorer or press Backspace to get back to the up folder or press Alt + Up arrow. I noticed that you are a developer, if you mean integrating a new feature in Windows Explorer, you’d better post in MSDN forums for a better assistance. Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2011 11:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics