Unusual GPO policy issue
I have a GPO that sets a proxy auto-config file within an OU which works fine. I now need to create an exception gpo that uses a specific proxy for some users. The reason for this is the software in question does not understand proxy autoconfig settings or javascript. The exception GPO combines with the main GPO and ends up with autoconfig and proxy settings. The underlying problem is the exception GPO cannot undo the settings for the autoconfig in the main GPO. It does not allow me to specify a blank autoconfig setting. The ordering of the GPO's will have no effect on this issue obviously. Is there a way around this that does not involve creating a third GPO?
May 20th, 2010 6:43pm

Can you apply security filtering? Create a group possibly called "Proxy GPO Exemptions". Then on the ACL of the GPO, apply the permission DENY to "Apply Group Policy" for that group. Place the users in the group that you want to filter.Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 20th, 2010 8:39pm

Hi , When the application doesnt understand the proxy autoconfig settings , even you push through GPO, the applicatino wont work . If i am not wrong your requirement is to redirect few users to use different proxy server and that server doesnt understand proxy or jscript.
June 11th, 2010 10:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics