Unlocking a Local Admin
I've got a server that was locked down per our STIG. After the lock down, it was supposed to be joined to the production domain however it was not. The next morning, after too many attempts to log in, the admin account locked out and because of our STIG it will not unlock automatically over time. We later found that another adminstrator changed the password while preparing it for production and passed it to someone else who didn't come in until later...The short of it comes down to us now being locked out of the system. I've tried a couple of tools that we have on hand to get into it such as ActivePasswordChanger but none of them can find the SAM Database (maybe a RAID configuration issue)? Are there any tools or methods to get into this server so we can get it on our domain? The built-in admin is disabled and the one we created it locked so we're stuck right now.Thanks in advance.
December 23rd, 2009 6:21pm

I have typically used the Nordahl disk with 100% success.http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2009 6:26pm

Thanks, I'm going to try this right now. I've got an older version that didn't work. I'll let you know what happens.
December 23rd, 2009 6:27pm

It worked on the first try. Thanks again!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2009 8:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics