Uninstalling scvmm admin console in vmm 2012 R2- any method to do it?

I installed VMM console along with VMM server in windows 2012 R2 server. Now after install, i want to remove the gui for the windows 2012 R2. At the same time, i want to remove the admin console as it wont function after removing the GUI feature.

Is there a way to remove admin console without disrupting vmm server as it prompts to uninstall vmm server too while admin console uninstall?

The admin console will not work in non-gui of windows 2012 R2 server OS.  Now, i need a way to uninstall the admin console.

May 25th, 2015 8:43am

Already answered your question on you other thread. VMM console is mandatory in the VMM management server. You will be able to use VMM on a core edition (Windows Server 2012 and later)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 25th, 2015 9:06am

I am aware that VMM server can be installed on server core. But now, the server is in full GUI mode and both VMM server and admin console is installed. Now i want to remove the GUI from window server. After i do the same, the admin console will not function right?

So, how can i get admin console removed from server before i uninstall the GUI mode.

May 25th, 2015 9:37am

Hi Sir,

I would like to close this case ,becasue this question is answered in the following thread :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/9bea7609-d762-44c2-ad4c-a5ddaff3b8c9/installing-scvmm-2012-r2-admin-console-on-a-nongui-server-2012-r2?forum=virtualmachinemanager#9c2a2cad-3c31-4126-ba43-440d8e79da11

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2015 10:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics