Unble to delete VHD due to lease on the blob.

Receiving this message when attempting VHD delete in remaining container of storage account.  Wanting to delete the storage account, not using the storage.

"There is currently a lease on the blob and no lease ID was specified in the request. RequestId:115de659-0001-00a1-22aa-7f0856000000 Time:2015-04-25T22:55:20.4852095Z"

I'm unable to find a way to complete the delete, all VMs have been deleted.  The lease status is locked but by what?

April 25th, 2015 7:13pm

Answered my own question!

I had 2 storage accounts with each having a lease locked VHD.  I went to add a new VM using the images option and found the 2 VHDs associated there with the images.  I was able to delete the VHDs there and then delete the storage accounts!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2015 7:55pm

I had 2 storage accounts with each having a lease locked VHD.  I went to add a new VM using the images option and found the 2 VHDs associated there with the images.  I was able to delete the VHDs there and then delete the storage accounts!

April 25th, 2015 11:50pm

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now

• Proposed as answer by Aung Oo - Microsoft Monday, April 27, 2015 1:53 AM
  • Marked as answer by paceware Monday, April 27, 2015 11:09 AM

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics