Unable to write data to the transport connection error when publish to Windows Azure

Hello,

I have a cloud service on Windows Azure,  I created a Asp.net WebAPI project and published to the cloud service, that works fine from Visual Studio to publish. But from yesterday when I publish, I got the following error messages. I tried several times, all failed. Can anyone help me?

11:00:31 PM - Warning: There are package validation warnings.

11:00:31 PM - Checking for Remote Desktop certificate...

11:00:39 PM - Preparing deployment for TempAzure - 2/12/2014 10:58:23 PM with Subscription ID 'e94e9aeb-7003-4eae-be92-7b7ac0a1ba2c' using Service Management URL 'https://management.core.windows.net/'...

11:00:39 PM - Connecting...

11:00:39 PM - Verifying storage account 'jasontest'...

11:00:41 PM - Uploading Package...

11:06:48 PM - Warning: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

11:11:50 PM - Warning: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

11:26:16 PM - Warning: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

12:00:27 AM - Warning: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

12:05:05 AM - Warning: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

12:27:54 AM - Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

The package size is 57,217 KB, is it too big? Can I upload this package to Windows Azure via FTP tools(such as Filezilla)?

Best regards

Jason

My email: biezx@shinetechchina.com

February 12th, 2014 9:31pm

Hi,

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is. From my experience, there is something outage in computer, we can check to see there is anything wrong for the service in windows azure service dashboard. Please try again to see if it works later. If still not working, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2014 12:58am

Hello Jambor, 

Thanks for your replay! I didn't find anything wrong in windows azure service dashboard, also I tried some times to publish, all failed. The error messages are the same. I guess the reason is that the package is too big, the publishing time is too long. Can we have a way to upload the package to azure via FTP?

Best regards

Jason

February 13th, 2014 3:12am

Hi,

Sorry for my delay.

Did you want to deploy your application to cloud service, and the package was cspkg file? If that, the limit of cspkg file may be 600MB, see more at: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure/en-US/65620bdb-3439-4ce0-8f17-561914d325ac/ms-tech-talk-maximum-size-of-windows-azure-cspkg-file?forum=windowsazuremanagement , the big package may cause timeout error, I try to deploy 100MB package to cloud service, however it takes an hour without success, from my experience, we can try to save images, videos etc in azure storage, we will get some benefits via this, 1) reduce the package file. 2) If we change a single image, we neednt redeploy.

Best Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2014 3:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics