Unable to take ownership of files when loged on to AD domain with user in any administrator group
I am using 2008 R2 standard edition x86 - 32, on an HP DL380 G3. It is a fresh install on the server running AD, DNS, DHCP. I installed 7 users and put them all in the administrators group in Active dirrectory / Users and Computers / Users. Then coppied user data to the server in a sharied dirrectory. I have security set for everyone has full access on the shared dirrectory on the server. The clients are XP pro also a clean new install. This is a new network and computers for this business. When you try to access the shared folder on the server from one of the clients you get an insufficent permissions error message.
September 20th, 2010 4:02pm

Helo, Remember that share permissions are different from security NTFS permissions. So go to the NTFS permissions and make sure you give the proper rights there.Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2010 5:43pm

I have the NTFS shared folder permission set for everyone has read / write / access permission
September 20th, 2010 6:37pm

As Isaac states. You can control access to shared resources with a variety of methods. You can use share permissions, which are simple to apply and manage. Or, you can use access control on the NTFS file system, which provides more detailed control of the shared resource and its contents. You can also use a combination of these methods. If you use a combination of these methods, the more restrictive permission always applies. For example, if the share permission is set to Everyone = Read (which is the default), and the NTFS permission allows users to make changes to a shared file, the share permission applies, and the user is not allowed to change the file. In your case right now the NTFS file system ACL is probably more restrictive. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2010 7:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics