Unable to show images from folder by reading path from database in SSRS Report

Basically i have 3 images capacity per record in my asp.net application. In there i am saving the image path with record id in database and image in my application folder.

Now i am creating SSRS Report in Report builder . In there i have taken one image control to show the images. In the Image properties in report builder i have chosen database under the select the image source field. then inside use this field i have chosen image url and in use this MIME Type i have selected image/jpeg. Now i have saved this report in report server folder. Now while calling in .net web from through report viewer control. It is opening the report but wont showing the image. Please help.

April 28th, 2015 2:56am

I referred this :

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2605/sql-server-reporting-services-image-source-report-options/

But i am unable to understand , might be it is not fulfilling me needs

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 2:58am

Hi Emad,

Per my understanding that you have 3 images which you have saved the image path in the DB table and have chosen database under the select the image source field, now the image didn't show in the application, right?

I have tested on my local environment and the issue can be cause by the way you have inserted the image and can also caused by the image path is not correct.

Details information below for your reference:

1. If you have insert the URL like "Http:....jpeg" in the Image field of the table in DB, and you need to select the "External" but not the "Database"
  2. If you have use the query like below to insert the image, you will get binary data of the image, then you can select the "Database" like below:

Query for your reference:

CREATE TABLE TableName(
ID int NOT NULL,
Image varbinary(max) NOT NULL
 )
GO

INSERT TableName
(ID, Image)
 SELECT 1,
BulkColumn
FROM OPENROWSET(BULK 'C:\Capture.jpg',SINGLE_BLOB) AS x

Before deploy the report to report server, make sure you can see the image display correctly in the designer and more details information about add image in the report:
Add an External Image (Report Builder and SSRS)
Add a Data-Bound Image (Report Builder and SSRS)

If your problem still exists, please try to provide more details information about the how you add the image.

Regards,
Vicky Liu

April 28th, 2015 10:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics