Unable to serve .APK file over HTTPS

I have created an .APK mime type and put up a test APK on the default IIS site. Everything downloads fine on an Android handset.

Mime-type : application/vnd.android.package-archive

I've then created a NEW site to host this file and added the same mime-type etc. When I download the file on an Andoird handset it sees the site, link and file, and when selected it begins a download but immediately fails.

The filename is and the error message is "Download Unsuccessful".

Even changing to a default mime-type - application/octet-Stream same problem occurs.

I'm sure its a configuration or permissions issue for IIS but I cant figure out what. I've replicated the NTFS permissions from the default wwwroot folder to this new site.

The only difference is the new site is HTTPS while the default site is HTTP. If I allow HTTP on the new site it works fine.

EDIT: Forgot to add that a desktop browser (Chrome and IE) both download the file fine from the default and new site.

September 10th, 2013 5:58am

Hi,

I notice the issue is more related to IIS. Since IIS has its specific forum to provide professional support, I suggest you report the question there. Thanks for your understanding.

http://forums.iis.net/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2013 8:38am

I did realize that about 2 minutes after I posted this.  Cross posted over there,  I'll mark it as answered.
September 11th, 2013 9:31pm

I did realize that about 2 minutes after I posted this.  Cross posted over there,  I'll mark it as answered.

Hi, what was the cause of the problem? Was it related to SSL certificate? I have the same problem and can't figure out the reason. My SSL certificate (wildcard) is valid (not self-signed) and seems to work fine in all browser.

Thank you in advance for help!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 12th, 2014 3:00pm

Hi,

I see no update after your reply, have you found a solution or what cause this? I have the same issue. and Im stuck. Need help.

Thanks.

April 27th, 2015 10:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics