Unable to run Windows updates/no access to SSL websites/outbound port 443 not working from 2008 R2 server
Updated several servers recently with Windows Updates but noticed one of the servers came back with Error 80072EE2 after checking for updates. After troubleshooting it seems all outbound 443 traffic is not making it out from this particular server. Internet Explorer comes back with "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage". I also loaded the telnet client on the server and it is unable to open a connection with any host accepting port 443. The Windows firewall is turned off, ran scans for malware which came up empty, followed several articles with possible fixes but the problem remains. All other servers on the network are able to does these things. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks.
August 30th, 2012 8:39am

Might wanna try, inplace upgrade How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099Thanks !
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2012 2:19pm

Hello, Error 80072EE2 and the fact that you cannot browse Internet Explorer suggest that this is a networking problem. Firstly, make sure all networking devices, cables, etc are all well connected. Then, uninstall the NIC driver and reboot the server. Windows will reinstall the driver upon restart. Thanks Zhang
August 30th, 2012 10:24pm

Zhang, The server is able to browse the Internet, just not websites that require a SSL (https://) session. This problem revolves around the fact its unable to open any connection which uses port 443. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2012 7:25am

K Seeker, Do you have experience with running the in-place upgrade to resolve a issue? This is a highly utilized production server and I'm concerned that performing the in-place upgrade will cause more issues. The article does state that the procedure will not damage files or applications currently on the server but I find that statement unlikely. Thanks.
August 31st, 2012 7:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics