Unable to resolve user lastname in certain part of Active Directory
All,I have 2 DC's that i have setup at home and noticed that when i am searching for users (right click on the domain and select find)i am able to search for users by first name, last name or letters that match any part of the user name. However, when i am say creating a security group and going to add membes and search by last name the object is not found? I can add the same user if i search by the first name?What could be causing this? The DC's re 2003 Enterprise, not sure what other info might be helpful for suggestions.
July 27th, 2009 4:00am

Hello,never sawthis before. A typo is not possible? Did you check replication between the DCs with repadmin /showrepl?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 27th, 2009 6:33pm

No major replication issues to report, i am completly stumped any help would be appreciated.
July 29th, 2009 2:19am

Hello, Based on the research, I can confirm that the issue can be reproduced on my side. Currently, we can search a Name with the criterion "Starts with" and "Is exactly"after we add members of a security group. Starts with: means that we can search the security descriptor in Active Directory by mapping the first several characters we input Is exactly: means that we can search the security descriptor in Active Directory by mapping exactly all the characters we input It seems that we cannot search any part of the name in the search box under this kind of scenario. Currently, as a workaround we can search users by their last name in the domain level.Meanwhile, I will forward this issue to our corresponding product team, if there is any update, I will let you know that. Thanks for the understanding.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2009 9:49am

Hello,Any updates on what might be causing this to happen? I was hoping by now that someone would be able to provide some insight on this issue.Thanks
September 7th, 2009 9:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics