Unable to remove a SCOM Active Alert

How do I remove and active alert which has become 'orphaned'.
The alert states "An object of type MonitoringAlert with id fafa7d12-9c26-458f-bb14-cee7b1690ffb was not found.

The Message body is as follows :-

Note:  The following information was gathered when the operation was attempted.  The information may appear cryptic but provides context for the error.  The application will continue to run.

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ObjectNotFoundException: An object of type MonitoringAlert with Id fafa7d12-9c26-458f-bb14-cee7b1690ffb was not found.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup.GetMonitoringAlert(Guid id)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Cache.AlertPropertySet.GetObject()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.AlertDetailPaneController.GetDetailContent(DetailContextUpdate detailContextUpdate)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.DetailPaneControllerBase.GenerateDetailContentJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Any ideas on how to clean up this event would be most appreciated.

SCOM Version 2007 R 2

February 4th, 2010 3:44pm

Hi

Have you tried starting the console with the /clearcache switch?
http://blogs.technet.com/kevinholman/archive/2007/12/19/tired-of-your-console-throwing-errors-or-manually-clearing-your-console-cache.aspx

As Kevin states - Keep in mind - this is no longer recommended post SP1 RTM..... just when you are having a problem. 

Cheers

Graham
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2010 5:20pm

Ive had what sounds like a similar problem. If these alerts are not showing up on other consoles or via the web console I think the solution is to delete the momcache.mdb which, in my case, is in ~\Documents and Settings\(userID)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft.Mom.UI.Console

hope this helps
February 4th, 2010 5:23pm

Hi shetauq,

I am using SCOM 2007 R2. momcache.mdb deletion worked for me.

Thanks

July 15th, 2010 8:21am

Clearing the momcache.mdb worked successfully for me too. I am using SCOM 2007 R2.

Thank you!

Darren

August 5th, 2010 2:22am

momcache.mdb deletion worked for me.

using SCOM 2007 R2

Thanks

September 1st, 2010 12:12am

Same for me.

Running SCOM 2007 R2 as well.

September 17th, 2010 8:43am

Shetauq's solution worked for me as well to clear out a warning alert for WMI script failing.

SCOM 2007 R2 on Win Server 2008 R2 x64

Thanks!

December 6th, 2011 6:14pm

Solved as well, scom 2012
October 30th, 2012 6:42pm

Worked for me - thanks!
March 6th, 2013 7:45pm

Worked for me on SCOM 2012

C:\Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\Console>Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console /clearcache

July 2nd, 2013 4:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics