Unable to remove Administative tools and Devices and Printers from start menu
Hi Team Unable to remove Administative tools and Devices and Printers from start menu in server for 2008 domain users. Can someone help me please Devices and Printers Administratve Tools help and support
September 24th, 2010 6:36am

Hi, what is your operating system ? In general, it can be done by right clicking on start button, choose "properties", go to tab "Menu start", click on "Personalize" button and remove flags from those items. HTHEdoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 24th, 2010 7:03am

Hi Its server 2008 Ent R2. I tried but only Admin profile is affected. I want for all users.
September 24th, 2010 7:45am

Do you mean "remove those items" from start menu on server or on all the clients of domain ?Edoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
September 24th, 2010 8:30am

Hi I want to remove for all domain users. Only admin should have such control Please suggest.
September 24th, 2010 10:00am

I would suggest the gpo setting Remove programs on Settings menu under User Configuration\Policies\Admin Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar: Prevents Control Panel, Printers, and Network Connections from running. This setting removes the Control Panel, Printers, and Network and Connection folders from Settings on the Start menu, and from Computer and Windows Explorer. It also prevents the programs represented by these folders (such as Control.exe) from running. However, users can still start Control Panel items by using other methods, such as right-clicking the desktop to start Display or right-clicking Computer to start System. Also, see the "Disable Control Panel," "Disable Display in Control Panel," and "Remove Network Connections from Start Menu" settings.
September 24th, 2010 10:05am

You haven't answered to my question. Do you mean "remove those items" from start menu on server or on all the clients of domain ?Edoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
September 24th, 2010 10:46am

I would suggest the gpo setting Remove programs on Settings menu under User Configuration\Policies\Admin Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar: Prevents Control Panel, Printers, and Network Connections from running. This setting removes the Control Panel, Printers, and Network and Connection folders from Settings on the Start menu, and from Computer and Windows Explorer. It also prevents the programs represented by these folders (such as Control.exe) from running. However, users can still start Control Panel items by using other methods, such as right-clicking the desktop to start Display or right-clicking Computer to start System. Also, see the "Disable Control Panel," "Disable Display in Control Panel," and "Remove Network Connections from Start Menu" settings. Hi suman, Thanks for posting here. I agree with what Daniel mentioned that you might like to achieve the goal with the GPO settings. Meanwhile , in addition with this suggestion ,if you want to remove administrator tools from start menu , please modify registry value: StartMenuAdminTools and Start_AdminToolsRoot to 0 under path: HKCU-Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced And if it worked, you might also like to deploy this setting via group policy. Please try and post feedback here. Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 27th, 2010 1:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics