Unable to reach our website internally - same name as domain
Hi,We currently have a www.companyname.co.uk website set up which works externally. We recently noticed that we cannot get to this website when internally on the network. The company name is the same as our domain name. I think this must be a dns issue as it thinks we are looking up the domain. How do I rectify this?TS GURU
May 26th, 2009 1:19pm

Hello TS Guru,Make sure the WWW precedes the webname so the internal clients should be refered to as true and be able to resolve by httpFQDN instead of a global domain name.Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2009 1:38pm

Hi Isaac,the WWW does preceed the webmame. Anything else I should try?TS GURU
May 26th, 2009 2:48pm

TS Guru,You will have to add an entry to the DNS on the server. With the prefix www pointing to the ip address of the webpage, weither it sits on an internal server or an external.To do this, go into administrative tools on the server that runs DNS for you.Then forward lookup zones, expand and highlight the folder with your domain nameThen right click and add a host(a).Host should be simply wwwIn the FQDN section you should see it auto populate with www.yourdomainname.co.ukThen add the ip address for where the website is held.When this has been done wait about 15 mins, then reboot a pc then try again.Darkhawk
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2009 5:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics