Unable to publish reports & Manage Datasources - without Local Admin on Physical Server

I have a SSRS 2008 R2 & W28 R2 server setup. I had setup a folder and provided a user Content Manager previlege for deploying reports from a development server.

But the user is unable to deploy reports. I had to add the user as part of RSExec role on the ReportServer db and then the user was able to publish reports.

But then he was not able to Manage Datasources - so I can given System Administrator previlege. But even then it did not work.

Finally I had to provide Local Admin access on the physical server which host SSRS and then he was able to manage datasources.

Please can someone why this is the case?

July 19th, 2013 6:32pm

Hello,

Why did you  assign the RSExec role to users? the RSExecRole to grant report server permissions to the report server database. It is recommend that never modify it or assign other users to the role.

To deploy the reports to Report Server from BIDS, you should assign at least Report Builder role to the users.
As for manager datasource, by default, anyone who has permission to manage the report can set any property of the datasource on the report. For example, if you want  to change the connection string of the data source, please verify that the user account you specify had premission to access the data source.

Regards,

Fanny Liu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2013 3:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics