Unable to ping or service with networked computers.
It is much more complex than it sounds. I have been pushing out new computers on the network and they are working fine, except they cannot be pinged and are unable to share services (printers). The only difference I have found between those and the computers on the network that CAN ping, etc. is the Security tab in found in DNS Manager. The working ones have an account that is the computers network name with a $ at the end. Those accounts DO NOT exist in the AD. I am stumped and are looking for help.
August 7th, 2009 6:38pm

Hi, Have you checked the Firewall settings? You can disable Firewall temporarily to test. If still no improvement, lets test in Clean Boot. a. Click Start, type "msconfig", press Enter.b. Switch to Services tab, click Hide all Microsoft services, click Disable all. c. Switch to Startup tab, click Disable All. Click OK to restart. If the issue persists, on your DNS server, could you find A record of these new computers? Also, please help to collect MPS Report for research. 1.Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below. Microsoft Product Support Reportshttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en 2.Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", Internet and Networking, click Next. 3.After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give us the download address. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 11th, 2009 7:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics