Unable to ping IP or access local host from other machine

Hi,

I configured hyper-V in windows server-2012. I have configured Xampp server in that Hyper-V machine. The IP address of the Hyper-V machine is 192.168.50.68.

Iam unable to access that Xampp server from other system with the IP address. And iam unable to ping to that Hyper-V server from other machines in the network. When i try to ping to that IP, it it saying as destination host unreachable.

Regards.,

Srinivas.

March 24th, 2015 6:13am

Hi Srinivas,

What type of vSwitch have you created in Hyper-V and is the hyper-v host on the same IP range?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 7:46am

I assume then you created internal or private switch... the optimum thing is to create External Switch and mark check box " allow management OS to share this network adapter" 
March 24th, 2015 8:21am

Hi Michael,

I have configured switch in External only. Both Hyper-V Host & Hyper-V are in same network.

Regards.,

Srinivas.

March 25th, 2015 12:24am

Hi Kareem,

I have configured switch in External only. Both Hyper-V Host & Hyper-V are in same network.

And the allow management OS box is checked.

Regards.,

Srinivas.

March 25th, 2015 12:25am

Hi Srinivas,

so did it work with you after changing Switch mode to external?

Thanks,

March 25th, 2015 4:15am

Hi Srinivas,

Do you have a VLAN configured on the VM? If you disable the firewall are you able to then ping?

What happens if you do a tracert, where abouts do the hops stop?

Can you ping other VMs?

If possible it maybe worth removing config of the vNIC from the VM, then remove the vNIC and adding a new one to see if its something strange with that NIC which I have seen before. Also do you have the latest integration services installed on the VM?

March 25th, 2015 5:48am

Hi Kareem,

I haven't changed that to External. At the time of configuring VM only i created Switch as an External.

Regards.,

Srinivas.

March 25th, 2015 6:07am

Hi Sir,

>>I configured hyper-V in windows server-2012. I have configured Xampp server in that Hyper-V machine. The IP address of the Hyper-V machine is 192.168.50.68.

"Hyper-v machine" means virtual machine running on hyper-v server ?

If yes what is hyper-v server's IP address ?

can hyper-v host ping that VM ?

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Best Regards,

El

March 25th, 2015 11:00am

Hi  Elton,

I have configured an Virtual machine in Hyper-V server. That means in windows server-2012 we are having Hyper-V feature is available. I just configured that & created an VM in that.

The IP address of server-2012 is 192.168.50.11 & the IP address of the VM is 192.168.50.48.

The server-2012 was unable to ping the VM IP address.

Regards.,

Srinivas. 

March 26th, 2015 12:10am

Hi Michael ,

VLAN configured on the VM & i tried deleting & adding the VLAN still no use.

I disabled the firewall are iam unable to ping.

If i do a tracert--> Request timed out , & hop count is 30.

There is only one VM in the Hyper-V.

Regards.,

Srinivas.

March 26th, 2015 12:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics