Unable to obtain Terminal Server User Configuration. Error: Access is denied
Hi Team, I am getting error message below while i am trying to login to a win 2k3 terminal server, its possible to login using local accounts but domain accounts are not able to, but this is intermittent, some time Domain users can login without any issues Do you any one having any solution for this issue , Event Type: Error Event Source: Winlogon Event Category: None Event ID: 1219 Date: 11/23/2011 Time: 10:31:19 AM User: N/A Computer: Server Name Description: Logon rejected for domain name/username. Unable to obtain Terminal Server User Configuration. Error: Access is denied. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 05 00 00 00 .... Regards Jooshil
November 25th, 2011 2:33am

Please see the discussion on this problem here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/40b18122-4071-49db-a553-93c1d0935f4b/ Regards Milos
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2011 3:29am

thanks your reply, the event ID look same for my issue also, but the error message is different from my case mine is Unable to obtain Terminal Server User Configuration. Error: Access is denied. and discussion is for the error message The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted, will this resolution is applicable for my case also Regards Jooshil
November 25th, 2011 4:19am

Hi, I have searched the internet and found that some Cases giving Winlogon Error 1219, it seems like that some ports have been exhausted by another 3rd party program. Please try the steps as below: 1.Ran netstat -ano on the problem machine 2.For example, if you find the following UDP 0.0.0.0:1026 *:* 19132 This was repeated from port 1026 till 5000. ( All the ephemeral ports has been used/exhausted) by the PID 19132 3. Used msinfo 32 find out which program PID 19132 belongs to Legato Backup Program which runs backup during night time. 4. Tried to kill the service . 5. Rebooted the box. Best Regards, Yan Li Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
November 29th, 2011 2:18am

Hi, I have searched the internet and found that some Cases giving Winlogon Error 1219, it seems like that some ports have been exhausted by another 3rd party program. Please try the steps as below: 1.Ran netstat -ano on the problem machine 2.For example, if you find the following UDP 0.0.0.0:1026 *:* 19132 This was repeated from port 1026 till 5000. ( All the ephemeral ports has been used/exhausted) by the PID 19132 3. Used msinfo 32 find out which program PID 19132 belongs to Legato Backup Program which runs backup during night time. 4. Tried to kill the service . 5. Rebooted the box. Best Regards, Yan Li Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
November 29th, 2011 10:15am

Hi All, So far seems like my issue is resloved by the below solution provided by Milo, utill now i have't get any errors, hope this will work in future also, thanks all for your valuable comments http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902336 Regards Jooshil
December 2nd, 2011 4:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics