Unable to install any Roles
I just install Win2K8 on a 64bit machine and everything theme to be working. When I go to try installing any role it comes back with errors not able to install. Here is a example I get Installation ReportWeb Server (IIS) <Informational>: <a href="wsrm.chm::/html/c5b76d56-99b1-4ad7-875c-417b63118454.htm">Find out more about Windows System Resource Manager (WSRM) and how it can help optimize CPU usage</a> Web Server Common HTTP Features Static Content Default Document Directory Browsing HTTP Errors Application Development ASP.NET .NET Extensibility ISAPI Extensions ISAPI Filters Health and Diagnostics HTTP Logging Request Monitor Security Request Filtering Performance Static Content Compression Management Tools IIS Management Console Windows Process Activation Service Process Model .NET Environment Configuration APIs Web Server (IIS): Installation failed <Error>: Attempt to install IIS Management Console failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install Default Document failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install Static Content Compression failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install HTTP Errors failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install ISAPI Extensions failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install Static Content failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install Directory Browsing failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install HTTP Logging failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install Request Monitor failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install Request Filtering failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install ISAPI Filters failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install .NET Extensibility failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install ASP.NET failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). The following role services were not installed: Web Server Common HTTP Features Static Content Default Document Directory Browsing HTTP Errors Application Development ASP.NET .NET Extensibility ISAPI Extensions ISAPI Filters Health and Diagnostics HTTP Logging Request Monitor Security Request Filtering Performance Static Content Compression Management Tools IIS Management Console Windows Process Activation Service: Installation failed <Error>: Attempt to install Configuration APIs failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install .NET Environment failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). <Error>: Attempt to install Process Model failed. The source for the specified package or file was not found (error value: 0x800F081F). The following features were not installed: Process Model .NET Environment Configuration APIs I'm using Window 2008 EnterpriseVer 6 Buikd 6001 SP1. Also note at the beginning of isetting up my systemI was able then instal File Services and a feature called Desktop Experience. TB
March 24th, 2008 11:56am

Download the RTM and try again. Have you removed any files from your disk? Used any third-party products to streamline the installation? (This problem is also showing when people use for example vlite to streamline their Vista-installations).
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2008 1:15pm

No I haven't use anything to streamline the installation. The only thing I did is set it up to run like a vista workstation and correct my time zone which was off I notice later and so far I haven't install any third party software yet. TB
March 24th, 2008 2:41pm

Hi, From the error message, we can infer this issue is caused by loss of the necessary source files or package. If this Windows Server 2008 image was downloaded from internet, the transmission of volume data from internet may lead to data loss and cause this problems, so I would like to suggest redownloading RTM version to test the result. For you convenience, I list a portal of Window server 2008 download as following: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=CA5543FC-6710-4F1F-BDEE-81C42361029E More information: ========== The new mechanism named 'Servicing' has been introduced to Windows server 2008 and Windows Vista, which is responsible for the installation of feature, role, update and hotfix instead of Windows Installer on the prior Windows systems. The log file of Servicing is under systemroot%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log file or CBS.persist.log file. You can refer to CBS log for more detailed information of error messages. I hope this helps. Best wishes -------------- Morgan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2008 12:36pm

Morgan Thanks for your advice. As a member of Technet Plus I download this from technet plus and from what you are saying I should redownload the file again? The files size from download is 2603,280 kb. I have been thinking of redoing it over again but wanted to wait to here what other advice from here suggest. My other machine hasno problems but it is a x86 bit software of Window Server Standard. TB
March 25th, 2008 12:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics