Unable to drag and drop Table to Data Source Tool in SSAS

Hi Team,

Whenever i am selecting some table as data source and then trying to drop to design view in SSAS projects its giving blank design view like read only unable to drop .

please find attachment for clear understanding and let me know if you are not understand problem.

Also getting when we right click in design and select all table getting below error, please help over this.

Thank you in advance.

August 24th, 2015 5:58am

Hi Niraj,

Can you please let us know , what exactly your trying to do?

Are You Trying to create Data Source / Data Source View?

Thanks ,

Bala

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 6:42am

Hi Bala,

I am creating new cube project with new data source and Data Source View, Data source creating successfully but while drag those Data view throwing error 

Also my already existing Cube Projects are not opening throwing above issue.

August 24th, 2015 8:05am

Hi Niraj,

According to your description, after you create a data source view, no tables displayed in diagram, and when you drag tables into diagram, it throws error. Right?

In this scenario, what's the version of SSAS you are using? This error can happen in SSMS when browsing data from SSAS 2008 R2 and 2008 version. It turns out the issue related to Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components. You need reinstall/repair it in Control Panel. Please refer to a similar thread below:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/20cff7ec-a69f-4a98-ab8a-c736cf17b4bb/bids-cannot-view-processed-cube-in-bids-browser

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 9:00am

Hi Simon_Hou,

After repairing Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components I am facing same issue. Can you please let me know any other thing that i need to check.

Regards,

August 25th, 2015 2:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics