Unable to delete file on 2008 R2
I have a file server running WS2008R2 that contains files I'm unable to natively delete. To start out with, I've tried a suggestion from Lee Holmes posted: PS D:\root\export> Get-ChildItem -Force | %{[IO.File]::Delete($_.Fullname)} Exception calling "Delete" with "1" argument(s): "Could not find a part of the path '\\.\con'." At line:1 char:43 + Get-ChildItem -Force | %{[IO.File]::Delete <<<< ($_.Fullname)} + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException Properties of the file are as follows. Interesting is that "Attributes" is set to -1 and the mode is darhs. PS D:\root\export> Get-ChildItem -Force -Recurse | fl * PSPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::D:\root\export\con.pdf PSParentPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::D:\root\export PSChildName : con.pdf PSDrive : D PSProvider : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem PSIsContainer : False VersionInfo : BaseName : con Mode : darhs Name : con.pdf Length : DirectoryName : D:\root\export Directory : D:\root\export IsReadOnly : True Exists : False FullName : D:\root\export\con.pdf Extension : .pdf CreationTime : 12/31/1600 4:00:00 PM CreationTimeUtc : 1/1/1601 12:00:00 AM LastAccessTime : 12/31/1600 4:00:00 PM LastAccessTimeUtc : 1/1/1601 12:00:00 AM LastWriteTime : 12/31/1600 4:00:00 PM LastWriteTimeUtc : 1/1/1601 12:00:00 AM Attributes : -1 Regarding the date/time: "If the file described in the FileSystemInfo object does not exist, this property will return 12:00 midnight, January 1, 1601 A.D. (C.E.) Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), adjusted to local time." http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.filesysteminfo.lastwritetime.aspx When trying to delete the file (using del) or modify file properties (i.e. remove ReadOnly, change ownership) I get "file cannot be found" Running the sysinternals tool, junction.exe, to look for symlinks, junctions, etc returned zero results. When I mount the folder from RHEL6, the file will open in vi just fine. Switching over to hex view shows the correct file headers for PDF files (0x25504446). All appears fine from the RHEL6 side of things. Also, running the command "file con.pdf" correctly identifies the file as a PDF. Listing the directory from RHEL6 shows: 552K -rwxrwx--- 1 550K Aug 29 2000 con.pdf There was another file I was able to delete. It had the same properties as the above file. By creating a new file in the same directory with the same name, I was then able to delete both files. Any suggestions?
May 31st, 2012 1:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics