Unable to create scheduled tasks
We are having an issue that appears to be domain wide. We First noticed this issue when attempting to install Metaframe Presentation server 4.5 during a trace of the installation I found that the issue is derived from the installers inability to create a scheduled task. I have been able to reproduce the problem reliably. Before adding a Windows Server or workstation to the domain we are able to create scheduled tasks however as soon as the server/computer is added to the domain we lose the ability to create scheduled tasks. If the Server/workstation is then removed from the domain the problem still occurs. The error is Scheduled task could not be createderror 0x80070005. I have seen fixes for .BAT files however this effects any file attempted (.exe .bat...). I have attempted to schedule tasks with the Domain Admin credentials logged in as the domain admin. What is troubling is that it is system wide... Is there a Group policy or a Domain security policy that needs to be changed? I do not know when this issue began as I am new to this position. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
August 12th, 2009 7:55pm

Hi Mat, Does this issue (cannot create scheduler tasks) occur on a Windows Server 2003 server or a Windows Server 2008 server? Whats the exact wording of the error message? Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 13th, 2009 6:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics