Unable to create folder on mapping drive(error access denied)

I having a problem when create folder on the mapping drive.(error access denied)

Please refer below.

I have 1 unit server running on windows 2003 and 1 unit Windows XP.

Now my problem is when i remotely map to the server D: driver partition was successful(after key in the local admin user name and password).but i unable to create any folder at the D: drive partition. (error is you do not have permission Access denied)   if I using remote desktop to server using the same user name and password create folder at D: drive is successful without and error. 

below few step had bee try(but still having the problem)

map to same server C: driver partition (after key in the local admin user name and password) create folder at mapping drive was successful.

Format the D: driver partition. 

Delete the partition and recreate back the partition 

Add security permission to everyone with full control at D: driver partition.

FYI. I was user local administrator user name and password to perform the mapping drive and remote desktop.

Please help on this.....many thank.....

January 15th, 2013 1:20pm

Before mapping, Try to access the D drive with the name of \\Win2003server\d$ and check whether you can create new folder there or not?

If so, if you can use same UNC path while mapping.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 15th, 2013 4:19pm

yes, i can mapping with the name of \\Win2003server\d$, but unable to create the folder.
January 16th, 2013 1:26am

Hi,

You mentioned add security permission, so have you checked the Share permission as well? Make sure it also set as Everyone Full Control.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2013 7:04am

Disabling the UserAccessControl will help to solve this issue
June 17th, 2015 10:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics