Unable to connect to virtual share drives on a DNS LAN

I am testing how a windows 10 Pro configured PC interacts with a established standalone Windows Server 2008 r2 Domain Name System using VMware. (This server is a closed loop server arrangement to facilitate testing of software)

All my windows 7 laptops and PC's have no issues mapping to virtual shared drives that store data on our NAS storage device.

(ex: "\\server\data\ShareDrive1") where "Everyone" has designated access to the files on virtual drive "ShareDrive1" (server is substitute for actual server name)

My windows 10 PC joins the same domain, and access appears all normal with the exception of these virtual shared drives.  When I try to map to them, I get an "open folder" error that states:

quote:

""\\server\data\ShareDrive1" is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The Specified network name is no longer available"

endquote.

I've enabled file/printing sharing and network discovery on the PC's windows 10 network profile, but the problem persists.  Any ideas?

tester_doh

August 31st, 2015 1:35pm

Hi,

This forum is intended for Microsoft BizTalk server queries and discussion .I dot think you will get a proper response here .

Try posting your question to appropriate windows forums.

Thanks
Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Royce White 12 hours 45 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 1:45pm

Hi,

This forum is intended for Microsoft BizTalk server queries and discussion .I dot think you will get a proper response here .

Thanks
Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Royce White Monday, August 31, 2015 6:21 PM
August 31st, 2015 5:40pm

Hi,

Thanks
Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Royce White Monday, August 31, 2015 6:21 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 5:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics