Unable to connect to the cube with Excel 2013

hello, 

I created and deployed a Test environment SCSM 2012 R2 (Service Manager, Data Warehouse). 
I created reports with Excel 2013.

Then, I created a Production environment SCSM 2012 R2 (Service Manager, Data Warehouse). 

Then, I recovered reports created in the Test environment and I added in the Production environment

He asked me to connect to analysis production server.

I added the new Analysis Services server but I have an error message. 

"The following system error occured"

"An operation that uses the database driver could not be completed. If the driver is a Microsoft driver, make sure the driver file isn't damaged, and if it is, reinstall the driver by reinstalling Microsoft Query. For other drivers, contact your database administrator or driver vendor.

Can you help me please ?

October 1st, 2014 11:49am

Hi,

Do you have the required privileges to access the Cubes?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 3rd, 2014 1:09pm

hello Antoine, 

My problem is solved. 
Opening in Excel, on the Data tab -> Connections, there was the old connection to the server pre-production. 
I deleted this conection and add the new one.

Thanks

October 13th, 2014 3:43pm

hello Antoine, 

My problem is solved. 
Opening in Excel, on the Data tab -> Connections, there was the old connection to the server pre-production. 
I deleted this conection and add the new one.

Thanks

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 13th, 2014 3:43pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. 

When user opens the report on Sharepoint via Excel Services, he is able to interact with report. However, the same user opens the file locally via Open In Excel, the user is not able to interact with report. he gets the error message that you have mentioned in your main post. i.e. - 

An operation that uses the database driver could not be completed. If the driver is a Microsoft driver, make sure the driver file isn't damaged, and if it is, reinstall the driver by reinstalling Microsoft Query. For other drivers, contact your database administrator or driver vendor

I verified the number of connection in Excel -> Data tab -> Connections tab. I have a single connection.

I don't understand why this error is occuring? 

July 6th, 2015 8:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics