Unable to connect Windows 7 x64 administrative shares, computer attached to the Windows 2003 domain successfully
Synopsis: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate attached to domain. Windows 2003 server R2 SP2 as a domain controller. GPO, software deployment, login of domain user with redirected folders worked correctly. I can observe this machine in the Network environment. I can access all of the network shares (locally or on other remote machines) from Windows 7x64 machine . BUT I am unable to access administrative shares (with $ at the end) on this win7 from the other machines (and directly from DC). When I connect with the address in explorer (like \\NAME\C$), I've got "Can not find the \\NAME\C$. Check your spelling or use a search command from the main menu." When I try net view command, I have "System error 53. The network path not found". I googled it and tried the following steps: 1. I can connect with the shares locally - they do exist =) 2. Ping it work and names resolving through dns. 3. If I create a new share, I'm unable to access it. 4. ACL of shares allow connectins from domain users. 5. I changed the next GPO locally, after from DC (and it applied after gpupdate): Network security: LAN Manager authentication level - set to Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated Network security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP - disabled Require 128-bit encryption Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts - set to None Network access: Shares that can be accessed anonymously - set to C$, D$, DFS$ 6. I changed registry keys: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters SMB2 = 0 (disabled) HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management LargeSystemCache=1 HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters Size = 3 7. I turn off windows firewall; i try to allow all network traffic in rules too, no third-party firewalls installed in machine. And few reboots. And nothing had changed. I am discouraged. Please, help me with some solution or troubleshooting to this problem.
July 23rd, 2010 3:01pm

it could be something as simple as name resolution, have you tried accessing it via \\IpAddress\share Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 25th, 2010 10:55am

Try to check your NTFS and share permissions. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Best regards
July 25th, 2010 1:26pm

Hello, is the account you use member of the local machine administrators from Windows 7?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 25th, 2010 2:55pm

It does not work; if i trying to ping pc with win7 (ping NAME) it resolving to ip address succesfully.
July 26th, 2010 8:21am

No, the win 7 pc is attached to the windows 2003 domain, i trying to connect from DC and other ordinary machines with domain administrator credentials. If i typing in the address bar of explorer \\NAME\C$ locally (on the win7 machine directly) - it connecting and i can view and create documents.
July 26th, 2010 8:31am

I create test share named test in the root of C:\, locally allow All from domain and share it, allowed to connect with the All and administrator of domain credentials - i can explore it only locally from win7, and it is unaccessible from other pc's on \\NAME\test address.
July 26th, 2010 8:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics