Unable to browse server
I have a strange one. On one Windows Server 2008 x64 machine, if you try to browse the c$ from a Windows XP machine, you get and error that windows cannot find the server. You can ping it even remote desktop to it. If you are on a Windows 7 or another Server 2008 machine you can browse the server without a hitch. Any ideas here would be great. I've already disabled IPV6 in case that was the problem and I've disabled AV. The Windows firewall is not turned on. Any body have a clue? ThanksBrian Knight
August 24th, 2010 5:21pm

this might be worth a try. edit the registry on the 2008 server "UAC is set up to not allow access to default shares remotely. To enable, set this key in the registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Polies\system\LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy 0 - build filtered token (Remote UAC enabled) 1 - build elevated token (Remote UAC disabled) By setting the DWORD entry to 1, you will be able to access the administrative shares since the remote logon token will not be filtered." http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=40336 Roy Mayo | MCTS • MCSE | USA
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2010 6:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics