Unable to browse NT server in AD 2003 Environment
Hi, My company AD 2003 environment is: 2 DC 1 NT server with Exchange 5.5 and print server I suddenly have thisproblem: I created new user account (TestA). I used TestA to login windows and try to browse the NT server for installing printer driver. However, system prompts a login window for requesting login. I try to enter TestAs username & password, but fail. If I enter the other existing accounts username & password, it is OK. Then, I restart this NT server, and try to use TestA to login windows. And then browse NT server again, it is OK now. However, I try to create new user account (TestB) and do the same action. System will prompt the login windows again. I try to create account in NT server, but same result. I have not changed any configuration and no such problem before. Any Idea?ThanksRay
December 15th, 2008 9:06am

Hi,I have some founding. I opened Server Manger on NT server and then click "synchronize with PDC" option. After the synchronize process, the newaccount can browse the NT server. Does synchronize timer issue?BRRay
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 16th, 2008 12:28pm

Hi, It looks like a replication issue when you accessed the Windows NT server, the new user account had not been replicated to the Windows NT server. This led to the authentication failure. After you clicked "synchronize with PDC" option to force a replication on the Windows NT server, the new user account was replicated to it, so the authentication worked. I am not familiar with Windows NT server to be honest, so I suggest that you post this issue in the Windows NT discussion group. The support professionals there are more experienced on Windows NT server-related issue, and could help give you a better answer to your problem. Discussions in Windows NT Domain http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain&cat=en_US_0d7aadaa-b7e3-4f20-aff7-c07367f20678&lang=en&cr=US Thank you for your understanding.
December 17th, 2008 12:06pm

I don't know if microsoft resolved this issue yet ... any time a new logon is made on a server and it is authenticated it is registered in the server pc's registry. Because of precautions it is not directly registered in the local registry. The latter only happens when you restart the pc again. Information is the most valuable commodity I know off.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 18th, 2008 3:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics