Unable to add references in Azure New Portal

I've found some problems when I switching the sync groups from the old Portal to the new Portal.

Under the "sync" tab under "SQL Databases" section, it can list out all my sync groups and agents, which is fine, however, when I click on any Sync group to view the details, it failed to show the references' Name, Status and Server/Agent information.

I also failed to create Sync group between On-premise and Cloud Database using those existing agents installed in the client machine.

Add Reference data base screen :

Reference database , not able to find On premise data bases registered thorough agent, the drop down list only shows those SQL database on Azure.

Do I need to do something else when switching from the old portal to the new portal? Or do I need to reinstall the agents in order to make the On-premise database appear in the new portal? Thanks for the help.

April 30th, 2013 7:41pm

My understanding...as data sync is in preview...there are differences in the functionality available through old and new portal...and that is probably due to being in preview, new management portal is still work in progress on this front. I am sure these things will be fixed/evolve by the time it becomes generally available. My suggestion, you continue using the old portal for preview features which are available and working through older portal.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2013 9:16pm

I also facing same issue like Michael Yung

Not able to Create sync group between On Premise and Cloud Database thorough an Agent.

April 30th, 2013 11:24pm

Thanks for the suggesting. As there's an alert message in Old Portal stating that the sync function will be removed from the Old Portal in May 2013, and urge user to move the Sync to New Portal. Now I'm not sure when should I start moving my Sync Groups to the New Portal, as today already May 2013 :(
May 1st, 2013 4:22am

You need to install Sync agent again on box and generate new key using new portal and use that one.

Thanks,

Dilkush

May 3rd, 2013 10:56am

Hi Dilkush,

Thanks for the advice, however, after reinstalling the Sync agent again on box and generate new key using new portal, and registered a DB using the agent, I still got an empty list in references section.

In the past when I use the old portal, I need to click a button in order to get the DB list from the agent installed machine, do I still need to do that in the new portal? If yes, where's the button?

The agent I have installed is 4.0.89.0, is it the right version?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

May 15th, 2013 10:45am

I had similar issues moving DataSync from the old portal to the new one: I had an empty list in the references section and I couldn't create new sync groups or modifiy the existing ones.

I solved my issues deleting the Sync Server from the old portal, using deprovisioningutil.exe to clean up the databases (removing all the datasync.* tables, sproc and triggers). After that I've been able to create and manage new sync groups with the new portal.

I've not installed new datasync agents, because I don't need to sync with on premises databases any more.

More details in the thread I opened: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ssdsgetstarted/thread/32e995be-e259-4e8e-82e8-5e2f9977a099

Carlo

May 16th, 2013 1:12am

Hi All,

This issue because of Some of agents offline created by old Portal .

So need to remove all agents from old portal .

Below steps followed to resolve Agents deletion :

1) Go to below location  where  SQL Agent Preview installed  On premise server  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Data Sync\data\AgentConfigData.xml

2) Remove AgentConfigData.xml

3) Go To New Portal and select offline Agent and generate key

4) Submit Key in Sync Agent Preview and Un Register all data bases .

5) DELETE Agent from new Portal and Maintain because of now Agent is Active

6) Now able to see registered data bases in reference drop down .

Thanks

Kasi

May 24th, 2013 9:52pm

Hi Kasaiah,

Thanks for your information. I've tried your suggestion but still does not work.

My situation is like this:

1. I have 14 agents installed in 14 machines placed in client's office, and 14 database on Azure
  2. As I've tried all methods and does not work, so I've created a new Azure account, and move the database one by one from the old account to new account
  3. As all the agents are installed on my clients' machine, so I have to wait them available to remote access their machine, unregister the local database, uninstall the agent, reinstall it, and generate the new key
  4. I use this workaround to move 5 database without any problem.
  5. But when I move the 6th one, strange thing happened, the 6th agent does not show any References, and at the same time, all other agents that original can show References suddenly with nothing display in the References page.
  6. I need to unregister the 6th agent's database on client machine in order to make other agents' references re-appear.

Below is the screenshots showing the problem.

May 29th, 2013 2:49pm

Hi all,

The fix has been rolled out, please check whether the issue is resolved now.

May 31st, 2013 8:47am

Thanks for the effort. I can see my Old Portal's agents with references list now!
But another issue found, some sync groups' "log" page show empty result, but some show normally. (as show in the below)

Is that related to I am using the sync group from Old Portal? Thanks!

May 31st, 2013 9:00am

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reporting.

Product team have identified this as a bug and will work out fix at next azure release cycle.

Bascially you will hit this issue in new portal if you have large number of logs (most likely to hit when you enabled frequent scheduled sync which will generate logs for each sync)

We will let you know when the fix is rolled out.

Regards,

Jarod Zhu

May 31st, 2013 4:58pm

HI Michael,

Production team has rolled out a fix for this log not shown up issue which shall mitigate most situations.

However, there is still chance for you to hit the issue if your log number is huge, which will need extra fix from production team later.

Please check whether your case has been solved or not.

Regards,

Jarod Zhu

June 17th, 2013 7:13pm

Hi Jarod,

Thanks for you and the production team's effort, my case has been solved.

Regards,
Michael Yung

June 18th, 2013 5:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics