Unable to access some login Web sites with a new Windows 7 client logged in through a Windows Server 2003 R2 Domain
Hi All We are running a small network under a Windows 2003 R2 Domain. There are approximately 15 XP client systems attached. This week we had to replace one of these, so installed a new computer with Windows 7 Professional. All seems to have gone fine, we worked our way through adding the machine to the domain and with some difficulty got the shared network drives on the server mapped and operating fine. Our only issue is with Internet Explorer 8 (and Firefox which we tried to test if it was an IE issue). Normal web browsing is fine but when our staff try to go to a particular government site that we have to login to daily we keep getting a login failed message, the site is ttp://online.vcat.vic.gov.au/vol/index.jsp yet this site works perfectly on XP machines on the domain. I wonder if anyone has experienced this and can help me thank you Richard
July 13th, 2010 3:42am

Hi, This issue may occur if content of the website was blocked. I suggest you add this site to Trusted site to allow blocked content. For your reference: How to use security zones in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174360 If it still occurs, could you let us know the detailed error message? A screenshot is better. You can upload the screenshot to Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/). If you would like other community member to analyze the report, you can paste the link here, if not, you can send the link to tfwst@microsoft.com. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 16th, 2010 12:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics