Unable to access SQL Azure database using IP address?

Because of my machine IP gets changed dynamically(get ip using website whatismyip.com )  I could not able to access and set Server-Level Firewall Rules to sql azure database.

I tried to add range also 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 but it is not working.

Is there any work around to access SQL Azure?

getting error : check this -

TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------

Cannot connect to myserver.database.windows.net.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=53&LinkId=20476

The network path was not found

BUTTONS:

OK

February 19th, 2015 8:40am

Hi Itsashuthinks,

The additional message doesn't indicate an IP allowed issue, since you have added an IP allowed rule for all IPs (0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255). A typical IP allowed issue additional message is something like "client IP 'xxx.xx.xx.xx' is  not allowed to access the server".

Seeing from the suggested help link, this error could occur because either the client cannot resolve the name of the server or the name of the server is incorrect. Can you please confirm the servername is correct? You can find it in the azure management portal --> DB -->Dashboard --> show connection string.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click her

February 19th, 2015 6:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics