Unable to Start the Dhcp Client service in Windows 2003 Sp2
1. Your server is receiving IP address from DHCP server? (Nor very common configuration. Ane special reason for it?) 2. Have you done the remedy accoring KB 895149 and still the problem persists? Give here the full error messages and configuration data. 3. Se the dependency of Client DHCP on other processes and try to resolve the problem with dependences. Regards Milos
October 20th, 2011 3:57am

Hello, so you have modified the registry permission as described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895149 ?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 20th, 2011 4:04am

Hello Milos Puchta, "Your server is receiving IP address from DHCP server? (Nor very common configuration. Ane special reason for it?)" Agree IF the server use DHCP BUT the DHCP client service is required for correct DNS registration on OS versions earlier then Windows server 2008.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
October 20th, 2011 4:05am

Hi, Yes i have modified the Registry permission that not resolve my issue. Regards, Sridharan. M
October 20th, 2011 4:07am

hi shree, try to login with local administrator and try to start the service if still the same issue then possible try restart the dhcp server Thanks VirajPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 20th, 2011 5:41am

Hello Geek, I'm trying to start the service with Local Administrator, but it's not working. Actually that service is not required in the server, because I’m using Static Ip address. In our company monitoring tool we will raise the alert if any service is fail :( . I can excluded this service in monitoring tool, in future customer may use the DHCP option and also I’m very eager to find solve for this problem. Thanks SreeM Regards, Sridharan. M
October 20th, 2011 9:44am

Hello Geek, I'm trying to start the service with Local Administrator, but it's not working. Actually that service is not required in the server, because I’m using Static Ip address. In our company monitoring tool we will raise the alert if any service is fail :( . I can excluded this service in monitoring tool, in future customer may use the DHCP option and also I’m very eager to find solve for this problem. Thanks SreeM Regards, Sridharan. M
October 20th, 2011 9:48am

I would strongly advice you to run the process monitor and find out the root cause of the failing service. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645 http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
October 20th, 2011 11:07am

I would strongly advice you to run the process monitor and find out the root cause of the failing service. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645 http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
October 20th, 2011 11:12am

Hi, Need your help for resolve my issue. When Trying to Start the Dhcp client service I'm getting error Message " Dhcp Client service access denied" (Log ON account NT Authority\Networkservice) I found this link in google, but it's not resolve my issue. still i'm getting same error message. Changed the Log on Service to Local system that also not resolve my issue. Need ur help to resolve this problem. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895149
October 21st, 2011 3:44am

1. Your server is receiving IP address from DHCP server? (Nor very common configuration. Ane special reason for it?) 2. Have you done the remedy accoring KB 895149 and still the problem persists? Give here the full error messages and configuration data. 3. Se the dependency of Client DHCP on other processes and try to resolve the problem with dependences. Regards Milos
October 21st, 2011 3:57am

Hello, so you have modified the registry permission as described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895149 ?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
October 21st, 2011 4:04am

Hello Milos Puchta, "Your server is receiving IP address from DHCP server? (Nor very common configuration. Ane special reason for it?)" Agree IF the server use DHCP BUT the DHCP client service is required for correct DNS registration on OS versions earlier then Windows server 2008.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
October 21st, 2011 4:05am

Hi, Yes i have modified the Registry permission that not resolve my issue. Regards, Sridharan. M
October 21st, 2011 4:07am

hi shree, try to login with local administrator and try to start the service if still the same issue then possible try restart the dhcp server Thanks VirajPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 21st, 2011 5:42am

Hi, Is there any update about this issue? Have you tried the suggestions above? Did you try both two methods mentioned in the KB 895149 ? Method 1: Use Registry Editor Method 2: Use Group Policy Best Regards, Yan LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 24th, 2011 10:51pm

Hi, Is there any update about this issue? Have you tried the suggestions above? Did you try both two methods mentioned in the KB 895149 ? Method 1: Use Registry Editor Method 2: Use Group Policy Best Regards, Yan LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 24th, 2011 10:55pm

Hi Yan, Tried Method 1:- Use Registry Editor but no luck still i'm having same issue. I'm Core windows technician, so i have no right to run the 2nd method :) Regards, Sridharan.M Regards, Sridharan. M
October 25th, 2011 3:51am

Hi Yan, Tried Method 1:- Use Registry Editor but no luck still i'm having same issue. I'm Core windows technician, so i have no right to run the 2nd method :) Regards, Sridharan.M Regards, Sridharan. M
October 25th, 2011 3:54am

Hi, I have fixed the issue Myself :) 1) Changed the Service account to "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService" No password click ok 2) HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dhcp right click and select the permission if Networkservice not available in the group add and give the full permission & select the advance settings tick Replace permission entries on all child object After that i'm able to start the DHCP client service without any problem :) Regards, Sridharan. M
December 14th, 2011 10:59am

Hi Sridharan, I met the same problem as you and your solution could solve the problem. Thanks a lot!
August 24th, 2012 5:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics