Unable to RDP into Cloud Services role (web or worker) even though I have enabled Remote Desktop and redeployed 100 times

I am not able to connect into my worker or web roles in my Azure cloud service. I went through all the steps, including creating a new certificate, uploading it on Azure, etc. still it tells me the login failed.

The error I get is:

"The credentials that were used to connect to 9cecd5.......cloudapp.net did not work. Please enter new credentials.

and down below it says "The logon attempt failed".

I am using the account with which I created the subscription and I am able to do everything else with it. 

Please help me.

Thank you,

Seever

August 24th, 2015 8:14pm

In the portal, if you go to the cloud service => Configure, in the bottom you should be able to select Remote.

There you can change the remote desktop user and password and certificate directly.

Could you try if you change the username and password there if it is possible to rdp into the box?

• Marked as answer by Seever 15 hours 28 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 5:25am

In the portal, if you go to the cloud service => Configure, in the bottom you should be able to select Remote.

There you can change the remote desktop user and password and certificate directly.

Could you try if you change the username and password there if it is possible to rdp into the box?

• Marked as answer by Seever Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:51 PM
August 25th, 2015 9:23am

Hello,

Thank you so much for the response. I changed both the username and password in the portal, and selected the previously uploaded cert, and it worked!!! 

I have tried the Remote option in the portal below but did not change the username. Looks like that did the trick.

Thanks again for your help.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 11:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics