Unable To Export ISA Configuration with Large URL Blacklist
Hi, We are running ISA Server 2006 SP1 standard edition on Windows 2003 Server Standard SP2. We have recently implemented a blocking rule (for ____ and other unmentionables) that contains a very large domain set - when I export the domain set the file is 69mb. Before we implemented this rule we could happily use the ISA MMC to export (back up) the entire ISA configuration using the ISA 2006 MMC. We do this as standard before we change any rules, and also use it to migrate configuration from the production ISA server to the DR ISA server. Since implementing the rule, although we can backup individual rules and sets, we cannot backup the complete configuration as one file. In the ISA MMC I highlight the server name, right-click and choose Export (Back Up), select both options in the Export Preference dialog, enter a filename for the backup the Next and Finish. The export appears to go some way, but stops when the progress bar is at about 75% and no matter how long its left it doesnt go any further. It hasnt created an export file at this point, and the MMC sits on 50% CPU (its a dual processor server). Eventually I have to just kill the MMC process. I have searched on Google and isaserver.org. All I can find is kb926218 that refers to upgrading the version of MSXML3. Ive checked the versions of MSXML on the server and from what I can see they are all the latest versions. Msxml.dll 8.0.7002.0 Msxml2.dll 8.30.9528.0 Msxml3.dll 8.100.1048.0 Msxml6.dll 6.20.1099.0
August 30th, 2009 11:19pm

Hello,for ISA server better choose:http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.isaserverorhttp://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/forefrontedgesecurityBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2009 11:54am

Will do Thanks
September 2nd, 2009 12:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics