Ubuntu 14:04 VMs I/O and block errors in 2012 Failover Cluster

I am troubleshooting some issues in one of my Hyper-V fail-over clusters and want to know if they are linked to an incompatibility with some of my Linux VM's. Intermittently, my cluster will have an I/O issue with one of its cluster disks which will cause the VMs to pause or failover. The outage is brief. I am relatively certain its due to a mis-configured NIC in one of the nodes and a old switch on my iscsi network, which I am replacing this weekend. The Windows based VMs have no problem when the issue occurs but the linux VMs display a host of I/O and file system errors

I have tried manually instating Ubuntu's Integration services by running the following commands:

# apt-get update # apt-get install hv-kvp-daemon-init linux-tools-virtual linux-cloud-tools-virtual

However, when I try to run a cluster validation report it lists all of my Ubuntu VMs as having unknown ingratiation services versions.

Has any one seen this before? Any suggestions would be very appreciated before I take the cluster down this weekend.

Also: When I manually live migrate a Ubuntu VM the VM moves over fine and runs normally. It only happens when I have that I/O interruption on the CSV

September 9th, 2015 10:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics