USB Controller Missing
I have been trying to get my companys HP ML370 G4 server to recognise an external USB hard drive without success. As I have been troubleshooting I have noticed in device manager that there is no Universal Serial Bus Controllor. Is there a way to re-install it or activate it again? The OS is W2k3 std fully patched.
February 24th, 2011 11:56am

Hello, use the latest smart start for your server and install the additional drivers. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=344318&lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=345557&taskId=135Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2011 2:03pm

Hi, Did you receive any error after connecting the USB hard drive? Can you see any yellow exclamations under Device Manager? Do you have any other USB devices? Can they work correctly? Please test it first and check whether the following steps help. Scan for hardware changes ------------------------------------ 1. Click Start , and then click Run . 2. Type devmgmt.msc , and then click OK . Device Manager opens. 3. In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted. 4. Click Action , and then click Scan for hardware changes . 5. Check the USB device to see whether it is working Does the Universal Serial Bus Controller show now? If not, please also check Show hidden devices under the View tab. What is the result? If it shows, please try to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers for troubleshooting, refer to: 1. Click Start , and then click Run . 2. Type devmgmt.msc , and then click OK . Device Manager opens. 3. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers . 4. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers , and then click Uninstall to remove it. 5. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers . 6. Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled. 7. Check the USB device to see whether it is working. Please also check whether there are additional drivers needed for the external USB hard drive, if so, please install them. Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 27th, 2011 10:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics