URGENT: windows 2008 domain with windows 2003 roaming profiles
Hi allI have multiple windows server 2003 terminal server wich is member of an windows 2008 domain.How do I set up roaming profile i AD with GPS's? i've tried the folder redirection policy under user-->policies-->folder redirection but users still complain that their outlook setting doesnt roam.i have a windows 2008 file server where the appdata reside, e.g. \\server\share\2003AppDo I need to set special permissions on the folder, or do I have to do something else???It would be nice if there where at step by step guide how to configure xp/2003 roaming profile under a 2008 domain.Any help is appriciated, thanks
October 27th, 2009 9:54am

Hi, Please refer to the Roaming Profile section of the following article to enable Roaming Profile and configure NTFS permission: Automatic creation of user folders for home, roaming profile and redirected folders. http://blogs.technet.com/askds/archive/2008/06/30/automatic-creation-of-user-folders-for-home-roaming-profile-and-redirected-folders.aspx If you need more information, please let us know. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 28th, 2009 6:24am

UpdateYes I looked at the above link, but that isnt exactly my problem.I have a 2008 domain with 2008 domain controllers, I startet out with roaming profiles on 2008 terminal servers, but unfortunatly my application didnt work under these servers.I then installed som 2003 terminal servers an would like to set up user to use the 2008 profiles. How do I do that when the GPO for 2003 and 2008 are different??
November 5th, 2009 5:34pm

Hi, For only roaming profile, GPOs are compatible. Windows Server 2003 Roaming profile policy will apply to Windows 2008. If there is any problem, please let us know the detailed information for research. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 6th, 2009 6:07am

Hi, Do you need any other assistance? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 9th, 2009 8:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics