UAG backup with Netbackup

I'm trying to config Firewall Policies to all a Netbackup server access to UAG to back it up.

I've added a policy that allows access from and to our backup server IP and ports (13724, 13782, 13720) but the UAG still refuses access and does not respond to the Netbackup server.

Any ideas?

August 11th, 2011 12:13am

Hi Matthew,

please provide additional details of the policy you've created.

Did you already took a look to the TMG packet logs? The blocked requests will be most likely logged and also contain some additional information which may help.

-Kai

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 11th, 2011 12:24am

I will have our B/U Admin try a connection and see what shows up in the Log. If it says "Access Denied", how can I modify the Firewall Policy to allow it?

August 12th, 2011 12:04am

Hi Matthew,

this will strongly depend on the error messages you wil get.

-Kai

August 12th, 2011 2:08am

I am receiving a spoofed IP address error in the UAG server log.

Under Firewall policies I am allowing access from the Backup server via ports: 1556, 13724, 13782, 13720, and Ping.

I feel I'm getting close; you can see the connection starting, with a ping then a port and a little later, a time out. This is when the spoofed IP error shows up.

Thanks.

August 16th, 2011 5:10pm

Hey did you ever figure this out?  I am having the same issue.. Thanks for the help
June 27th, 2013 5:47pm

No, we stopped using UAG as it was causing too many issues in the environment and with access to SharePoint.

UAG has also been discontinued by Microsoft.

But, good luck! I feel for you.

June 27th, 2013 5:58pm

UAG has also been discontinued by Microsoft.

Matthew,

I think you may be confusing UAG with TMG. TMG has been announced as discontinued, not UAG.

June 27th, 2013 10:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics