UAC Prompt For Active X Component
I am trying to deploy an ActiveX component used for viewing SQL Server Reporting Services Reports but UAC is making it difficult. I have successful used group policy to install the ActiveX component via a MSI (created using this http://hdsurvivor.blogspot.com/2008/03/repackage-activex-control-for.html ) but when I attempt to view a report as a standard user and therefore invoke the Active component I always get a UAC prompt. If I try to to view a report when logged in with an admin account I don't get the prompt. Is there anything I can do to suppress this. I've already tried using the ActiveX installer service (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721964%28WS.10%29.aspx ) but that didn't seem to work. Any ideas?Hibs Ya Bass!
February 15th, 2011 7:06pm

When you get the UAC prompt, can you click continue to view the report? If so, this is expected.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 25th, 2011 7:41am

When you get the UAC prompt, can you click continue to view the report? If so, this is expected. You can't do that. The first time you need to use the activeX component it has to be installed, hence the UAC prompt.Hibs Ya Bass!
March 11th, 2011 12:08am

I am also having this issue. Were you able to get it resolved?Justin Cochran
April 27th, 2011 3:46pm

I am also having this issue. Were you able to get it resolved? Justin Cochran I certianly did not! Damn UAC.Hibs Ya Bass!
April 27th, 2011 6:17pm

Did it ever occur to you that one of the aims of UAC is to prevent an ActiveX component being installed without the user's permission? Bill
April 27th, 2011 7:19pm

Did it ever occur to you that one of the aims of UAC is to prevent an ActiveX component being installed without the user's permission? Bill Yes it did. But just because UAC provides heightened security does not make it a frustration sometimes. I've tried SO many different methods to try and get SQL server report viewer to work and come up against a brick wall every time. It amazes me that one one else seems to be having my problem (apart from the poster above) or that there is not a MS solution to the issue. So apart from your sarcy comment do you have anything constructive to add to this question?Hibs Ya Bass!
April 27th, 2011 8:24pm

i understand that UAC is there to prevent unauthorized installations of ActiveX Controls. However there should be a method provided by Microsoft to maintain activeX Controls that an Administrator has approved to be installed. I agree with Broonster27, I have read TONS of blogs/articles describing this exact issue and the only "resolution" from any of those is to manually install the ActiveX control on each machine.Justin Cochran
April 28th, 2011 9:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics