Type StateCollection alerts missing in alert view

System SCCM2012R2UR6

We have a custom dashboard with state tiles, and now we disconnected some servers from the network but these servers don't show up in the state tiles, but when we look in the default "Active Alerts" dashboard then they are visible there with type StateCollection and Monitor name Health ServiceHeartbeat Failure and Failed to Connect to Computer.

Is it possible to get these alerts also in the Tile view ? And if yes how ?

Best Regards,

Fabian

August 20th, 2015 12:20pm

Hey thanks for your reply,

It still isn't clear to me how I can get the group monitor to also detect the events of for example a heartbeat failure ?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 11:57am

I use Visual Studio for this as (IMO) it is less confusing than trying to pick the right entry in that list. I have some examples here:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/manageabilityguys/archive/2015/08/14/dasnippet.aspx

http://blogs.technet.com/b/manageabilityguys/archive/2015/08/25/visual-studio-management-pack-authoring-series-part-6-create-a-health-service-watcher-group-class-and-discovery.aspx

You'll need to create a group of health service watcher objects and then roll up health for the group:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2014/04/09/creating-groups-of-health-service-watcher-objects-based-on-other-groups.aspx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88a58f0d-939e-4c41-901d-99b5c2d13d59/scom-2012-group-and-health-state

Cheers

Graham

August 25th, 2015 12:17pm

Hi thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure where to add what , I've the following:

<Discovery ID="UINameSpace294d3178f1ef40408672fea306eff2b5.Group.DiscoveryRule" Enabled="true" Target="UINameSpace294d3178f1ef40408672fea306eff2b5.Group" ConfirmDelivery="false" Remotable="true" Priority="Normal">
        <Category>Discovery</Category>
        <DiscoveryTypes>
          <DiscoveryRelationship TypeID="MicrosoftSystemCenterInstanceGroupLibrary7585010!Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroupContainsEntities" />
        </DiscoveryTypes>
        <DataSource ID="GroupPopulationDataSource" TypeID="SystemCenter!Microsoft.SystemCenter.GroupPopulator">
          <RuleId>$MPElement$</RuleId>
          <GroupInstanceId>$MPElement[Name="UINameSpace294d3178f1ef40408672fea306eff2b5.Group"]$</GroupInstanceId>
          <MembershipRules>
            <MembershipRule>
              <MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="Windows!Microsoft.Windows.Computer"]$</MonitoringClass>
              <RelationshipClass>$MPElement[Name="MicrosoftSystemCenterInstanceGroupLibrary7585010!Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroupContainsEntities"]$</RelationshipClass>
              <Expression>
                <Or>
                  <Expression>
                    <RegExExpression>
                      <ValueExpression>
                        <Property>$MPElement[Name="Windows!Microsoft.Windows.Computer"]/NetbiosDomainName$</Property>
                      </ValueExpression>
                      <Operator>MatchesRegularExpression</Operator>
                      <Pattern>(?i:d3).*$</Pattern>
                    </RegExExpression>
                  </Expression>
                  <Expression>
                    <RegExExpression>
                      <ValueExpression>
                        <Property>$MPElement[Name="Windows!Microsoft.Windows.Computer"]/NetbiosDomainName$</Property>
                      </ValueExpression>
                      <Pattern>(?i:da3).*$</Pattern>
                    </RegExExpression>
                  </Expression>
                  <Expression>
                    <RegExExpression>
                      <ValueExpression>
                      </ValueExpression>
                      <Pattern>(?i:test).*$</Pattern>
                    </RegExExpression>
                  </Expression>
                  <Expression>
                    <RegExExpression>
                      <ValueExpression>
                      </ValueExpression>
                      <Pattern>(?i:d4).*$</Pattern>
                    </RegExExpression>
                  </Expression>
                </Or>
              </Expression>
            </MembershipRule>
          </MembershipRules>
        </DataSource>
      </Discovery>

And where do I've to add:

<MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="SC!Microsoft.SystemCenter.HealthService"]$</MonitoringClass>

Is it beneath these lines ?

<MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="Windows!Microsoft.Windows.Computer"]$</MonitoringClass>
              <RelationshipClass>$MPElement[Name="MicrosoftSystemCenterInstanceGroupLibrary7585010!Microsoft.SystemCenter.InstanceGroupContainsEntities"]$</RelationshipClass>

September 3rd, 2015 6:09am

We pasted the xml beneath in the MembershipRules section. Now it works!

Make sure you use the right library version.

<MembershipRule>
  <MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="SystemCenter!Microsoft.SystemCenter.HealthServiceWatcher"]$</MonitoringClass>
    <Expression>
      <Contains>
        <MonitoringClass>$MPElement[Name="SystemCenter!Microsoft.SystemCenter.HealthService"]$</MonitoringClass>
        <Expression>
          <Contained>
            <Expression>
              <Contained>
                <MonitoringClass>$Target/Id$</MonitoringClass>
              </Contained>
            </Expression>
          </Contained>
        </Expression>
      </Contains>
    </Expression>
</MembershipRule>

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 12:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics